IPMS 2017 Conclusion
The IPMS-Central Otago Model Society (COMS) was pleased to host members of the New Zealand International Plastic Modelllers Society (IPMS) in Alexandra, Central Otago over the Blossom Festival weekend of 23 - 24 September 2017.
IPMS members from all over New Zealand met to compete for top honours for their model building skills across a range of subject areas, including aircraft, military equipment, civilian vehicles, dioramas, ships, figures, science fiction and miscellaneous items. Members formed judging teams to assess the quality of model building and rate each model against gold, silver or bronze construction standards. The models were then assessed for the best in each Category, and those models were re-assessed to determine the Best in each Class.The top models in each Class were then reviewed by the judges for awarding the positions of 'Best in Show' and 'Runner up'.
At a social event on Saturday evening the COMS Event Manager announced the winners of 'Best in Show' and 'Runner-up to Best in Show' and presented the awards. All other modellers found out their various statuses the following morning when they saw the ribbons and trophies that had been placed beside their models.
Best in Show: Greg Blick of Christchurch for his Diorama 'Last attack of the charging bull', Model # 206 in the D1 Category.
Runner up: Craig Sargent of Auckland for his Military Aircraft 'Hasegawa AV-8B Harrier II+, VMA-231 'Ace of Spades', USMC, 2001', Model # 123 in the A3 Category.
The COMS wish to thank:
- Mr Richard Alexander of Wingnut Models for the donation of model kits for the event.
- Lester Kidd of NZ Models and Roger Laird of Laird Motorsport and Models for making available their modelling stock for members.
- The Goldfields Miniatures Club of Alexandra for placing some of their hand-crafted miniature models on display.
- Bob, Rob, Andrew, Lochland and Rex for displaying and running their model railway layouts.
- Jude Horrell for providing lunch and snacks for the competitors.
- COMS members and their families for providing a welcome to the public at the entrance.
Model pictures are on the IPMS 2017 - Pictures page.